posted on January 1, 2023
Envision: Youth Site Associate in Chicago
The Envision youth site associate role will serve to spearhead the development and implementation of youth ministry at the main location of Envision Chicago and throughout the city. This will include developing a team, casting vision for and supporting existing youth ministries throughout the city, leading and mentoring current youth, collaborating on youth camps for inner city youth, and networking and communicating with other urban youth leaders in Chicago. This role will also include being the trips coordinator for Envision Chicago, working alongside the site coordinator in the logistic of trips and their implementation.
- International worker (IW)–Envision–Vocational Track
- Church planting, community center, discipleship, evangelism, and youth/trips
- Single or couple
- Develop and direct regular youth meetings at the Family Empowerment Center (FEC) location for community youth
- Develop a team, cast vision for youth ministry, and implement a spiritual formation plan for the youth at the center
- Develop and implement outreach events throughout the year
- Serve as a liaison for trips by communicating with potential teams regarding trip experiences, scheduling and overseeing team experiences in conjunction with the site coordinator, teaching and leading teams in the Envision experience in conjunction with the site coordinator, and coordinating city-wide outreach activities for teams
- Serve as a city-wide youth liaison by supporting and resourcing existing C&MA youth ministries and their leaders, casting vision for collaboration and expanding youth ministry, and collaborating with existing ministries for youth events (i.e., CAY camp)
- Communicate efficiently within the FEC community through its various media platforms, as well as externally through various social media platforms
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- Self-motivated with good organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in an efficient manner, meeting deadlines as assigned
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Envision Chicago and its associated ministries, as well as an ability to embrace the oneness of Envision Chicago, Family Empowerment Centers, Redemption Church, and the Midwest District of the C&MA as a unique team player whose work will affect all these and other ministries city-wide
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity, respect for differences, and embracing diversity to making sure that our collaborative teams are not monolithic in nature
- Ability to obtain the minimum educational requirements for ordination within the C&MA
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Beginning as early as summer/fall 2023. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program (as applicable), and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
We live in a diverse, urban community among under-resourced people from around the world. The cost of living is high, so the appropriate candidate will need to be able to navigate this.
Language is an essential part of ministry. While not required, an individual or couple who speak Spanish is a plus.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Public schools, private schools, and homeschooling are all options.