posted on January 1, 2024
Envision: Berlin Staff
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual or couple to join our team. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with artists and creatives while equipping and developing individuals for long-term Christian service. You will play a key role in identifying and nurturing talented artists, facilitating creative collaborations, and providing mentorship and support to help artists, interns, and residents grow in their craft and faith. If you are driven by the desire to connect art, faith, and culture, this position offers an exciting platform to impact lives and transform communities.
- Build relationships with artists and creatives in our community and U.S. churches
- Mentor Envision Berlin participants
- Collaborate well with partner ministries, especially other Alliance works in Berlin
- Help facilitate short-term team, intern, and resident programs
- Assist with administrative and other responsibilities
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Spouse must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree and have completed at least 18 hours of Bible/theology, 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies)
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration
- Minimum of two years successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
Both Clergy and Vocational Tracks
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40
- Experience with artists/art
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall 2025. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and pre-field course/experience prior to deploying.
Either spring or fall would be better than arriving during team season in the summer.
Berlin is a post-modern, post-Christian society with some of the highest levels in the world of people who have no spiritual beliefs. In the community we are based in, there are 40,000 people but only four churches. When faith in God is equated to believing fairy tales, we are trying to answer the question, “If God was real, and if His followers did meet, what would that look like?” At Envision Berlin, we do this by working to minister in the sweet spot where faith, art, and culture meet.
World Factbook – Germany
Joshua Project – Germany
Germany offers excellent health-care options in both the private and public sectors.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Envision gives one year of focused language school followed by ongoing opportunities to learn German to reach B2 fluency by the end of the first term.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. Both spouses are expected to be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Local schools are available, as well as some bilingual schooling options. Schooling in English is also available, although there will still be a mandatory German course. Homeschooling is not an option. Black Forest Academy in southern Germany is an option for children in high school.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email the IPO office at [email protected].