posted on January 1, 2024
aXcess: Here I Am; Send Me
The founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance, A. B. Simpson, once said, “God is preparing His heroes; and when the opportunity comes, He can fit them into their places in a moment, and the world will wonder where they came from.” If you have a burden for the lost, a heart for the nations, and a willingness to serve, we invite you to discover where you fit into the worldwide church-planting movement of Alliance Missions.
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” –Isaiah 6:8
- Actively seek and develop intentional relationships with people from the local culture by making new contacts and engaging in life in the new culture regularly
- Intentionally disciple new believers both in small groups and one-on-one
- Establish communities of faith by participating with and integrating into the church-planting team, with an eye for future church plants
- Use skills, training, passions, and background to have a meaningful and impactful presence
- Grow and develop as a worker and leader, and encourage and mentor leaders from the local culture
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Spouse must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree and have completed at least 18 hours of Bible/theology, 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies)
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of Alliance consecration and ordination
- Minimum of two years successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 20
- Strong passion for and commitment to evangelism, discipleship, and church planting
- Cross-cultural ministry experience
- M.A. in international studies/Bible/theology
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team structure
- Experience collaborating in partnership alongside other local churches, ministries, or community groups
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall 2025. All appointees must attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and pre-field course/experience before deploying.
The details will vary depending upon location. As you continue in discussion with the International Placement Office (IPO) and aXcess leaders, we will share information regarding potential locations and settings for ministry. Our aXcess workers are located all over the world and divided into five regions: Africa, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East/Central Asia.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Language expectations depend on the location. Language study is typically full-time for two years. Language aptitude test scores help give informed direction to potential locations of service.
Health considerations depend on the location. Once a location is narrowed, we will share information regarding accessibility to healthcare and details regarding any location-specific health requirements.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
We require both spouses to fulfill language requirements. Our ministry at the center includes both young men and women, so both spouses are needed to serve. While raising a family comes with certain challenges, we are a flexible team and can be creative for ministry options at the center.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
The education plans for your children depend on your location. Field/team leaders and Alliance Missions ECs (Educational Consultants) will help inform you about available options and consult with you regarding the best course of action for your child’s/children’s educational needs. In some instances, boarding school may be an option for some middle and high school students.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email the IPO office at [email protected].