posted on January 1, 2023
aXcess: Creative Church Planting in the New Capital of Indonesia
Join a newly-formed team to reach three unreached people groups in the future home of the new capital city of Indonesia. This pioneering work will join with the Indonesian C&MA church planters, plus a creative and multi-structure team, to plant seeds of ministry and develop creative ways of outreach.
- Work with the Indonesian church planters to develop a two-rail DMM approach to church planting or other successful strategies through community development or business relationships
- Connect part-time with a local C&MA Bible school to train students to become partners in the ministry
- Join a developing team from multiple structures
- Seek out people of peace with whom to build relationships and bridges into the community
- Use skills, training, passions, and background to have a meaningful and impactful presence
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Spouse must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree and have completed at least 18 hours of Bible/theology, 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies)
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40
- Cross-cultural training in community development and discipleship
- Ability to identify, equip, and train local church planters
- Willingness to serve on a multi-national team
- MA in international studies/Bible/theology
- TESOL certificate
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2024. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program, and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
You will live in a medium-sized city with the amenities and stresses that accompany urban life. With the plans for the new capital, modern amenities will increase. The status of Christian witness is minimal with less than 1 percent of the local UPGs reached.
The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition.
Well-trained doctors and medicines are generally available, though serious illnesses or medical emergencies are best handled in Jakarta or Singapore.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Local and international schools are available for placement. There are also several choices of boarding schools—two in Indonesia and one in Malaysia. Home schooling is also an option.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email the IPO office at [email protected]
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.