posted on February 2, 2024
marketplace ministries: Marketplace Professional in the Areas of Business, Health Care, and Academics Serving Overseas
We are looking for marketplace professionals who have a passion for answering the nudge of Christ to serve overseas using, primarily, their professional expertise, education, and experience to reach their work and life communities with the gospel. The focus is to be deeply committed to the communities you are living and working in.
- International worker (IW)–marketplace ministries (mm)
- Business, health care, academics (preferably college-level)
- Responsible for earning or raising living expenses
- Single, couple, or family
- Level of formal education needed to perform at a high level in your chosen profession
- Professional experience related to your vocation
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- Possess no more than $5,000 in outstanding, unsecured debt
- Understand biblical and theological truths with lifestyle proven to effectively communicate the gospel
- Hold membership in a North American Alliance church
- Commit to work in specific overseas location for a minimum of two years
- Have a future position planned in the country you will be located
- Practical training and experience in cross-cultural ministry
- Ability to identify, equip, and disciple others in a culturally appropriate way
- Ability to be flexible in attitude when it comes to life and work
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please contact the marketplace ministries office at [email protected] and refer to our webpage at joinmm.com.