posted on January 19, 2022
Envision: Site Associate in Taiwan
We are desiring a single or couple to develop projects related to ministry in Taiwan through Aroma Education Center, café, and church. The position requires an eye for detail while also understanding the overall vision, mission, goals, and concept of Aroma. The associate will work closely with Envision teams, interns, and residents as well as local business workers while investing in other aspects of ministry at Aroma including Sunday church service, small groups, missional outreaches, mission trips, etc. He or she will be responsible for a specific long-term project related to the development and multiplication of the site based on skills and experience.
- International worker (IW)—Envision—Vocational Track
- Business, business development, church planting, community center, community development (urban), discipleship, educational, ESL/TESOL, evangelism, leadership development, theological education
- Partially funded
- Single or couple
- Develop a healthy, balanced framework for personal, community, and missional growth, including learning Chinese
- Learn about and develop skills centered on the core project to be developed
- Work together with the team to implement the project, including planning, fundraising, team building, and day-to-day operations of the project
- Attend meetings and perform administration tasks (three hours); attend Aroma-wide staff meetings and Envision-specific meetings (one hour); check emails daily and respond accordingly (two hours)
- Serve in church (10 hours)—this can include worship music, leading small groups, and/or helping with finances
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 80
- Strong computer skills: Word/Pages, PPT/Keynote, Excel/Numbers, Google Drive/Google Calendar
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail
- Capacity to blend business/church/missional thinking
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to jump in and help other projects at Aroma
- Design and systems thinking
- Communication skills
- Ability to take meeting notes and create follow-up tasks
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2024. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
Living and working in Taipei is much like any modern city around the world with access to many amenities and a fast-paced lifestyle. The team you work with is a mix of Taiwanese and Americans, and we do life outside of work together. It’s not really a 9-5 kind of job. We’re looking for people who want to build a transformative community and live life by the Spirit.
CIA World Factbook – Taiwan
Joshua Project – Taiwan
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Working language proficiency to be acquired upon arrival.
He or she needs to be physically fit in order to handle lifting heavy loads, standing for several hours at a time, and walking up and down stairs.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Taipei has several educational options to be discussed upon application as necessary.