posted on January 19, 2022
ENVISION: Site Accountant in El Salvador
Come join a dedicated, Salvadoran-led team in San Salvador, El Salvador! The team here at Envision El Salvador is passionate about sharing the gospel by working with at-risk youth in local communities in our after-school program, La Fuente. We also host short term teams and interns, allowing others to partner with us and see how God is at work in El Salvador
Come join a dedicated, Salvadoran-led team in San Salvador, El Salvador! The team here at Envision El Salvador is passionate about sharing the gospel by working with at-risk youth in local communities in our after-school program, La Fuente. We also host short term teams and interns, allowing others to partner with us and see how God is at work in El Salvador.
- Maintain and submit all monthly financial reports to the National Office.
- Do all monthly cash outs for staff cash expenditures.
- Work with site leadership to plan yearly budgets.
- Write and submit annual financial project reports to the N.O.
- Joyfully serve in support roles with day-to-day youth ministry and when there are teams.
- Degree or equal experience in accounting or finance
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Bible Knowledge Exam score of 80%
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 35
- Good proficiency in Excel
- Youth ministry or work experience
- Some Spanish preferable but not essential
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/Fall 2023. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
San Salvador is a developing, modern city with a population of 2.5 million people. There is easy access to good cell phone coverage, high speed Wi-Fi, and other amenities such as Uber and other transportation and delivery services. Most electronic appliances are available for purchase, and it is easy to outfit an apartment or house in-country. Like any major city, crime is a concern, but taking basic safety precautions and avoiding certain areas goes a long way to lessen personal risk.
CIA World Factbook – El Salvador
Joshua Project – El Salvador
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Successful applicants will have up to one year of dedicated language study with the opportunity to continue with tutoring if needed for another year.
San Salvador has many private hospitals and clinics offering good care. The U.S. Embassy offers a list of English-speaking physicians and specialists as well. Reference CDC page for recommended vaccines and basic disease prevention: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/el-salvador
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
There are plenty of private, international, bilingual. U.S.-equivalent schools available in San Salvador from K-12grade.