posted on January 1, 2024
CAMA: Development through Education—General
CAMA believes that education is one of the most powerful tools for poverty alleviation. Our staff lives out the gospel while working to provide access to education and training in areas where such access is lacking. By pointing to Christ as we help the vulnerable cultivate desirable skill sets, CAMA empowers individuals to earn a living, find safe employment, obtain dignity, acquire agency, and recognize the value they have in His sight.
- CAMA worker
- Partially funded
- Single or couple
- Develop relationships with students and families in the community
- Prepare lesson plans and presentations on a subject being sought out as a resource by learners (e.g. ESL, computer training, employment skills, professional training, special education, early childhood)
- Partner with local education professionals to develop a learning community
- Maintain a high level of expertise in your field of practice as an educator
- Train and teach others to teach
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 50
- Certification and/or experience as a teacher in your specialty
- Capacity and desire to share your faith
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to gospel ministry
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological Alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life with consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for Deployment:
Varies according to region/context.
Varies according to region and context. More details will be provided as locations are discussed.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
You will spend your first two years learning the language and culture.
Varies according to region/context. Additional details will be provided as medical needs are identified and ministry locations are determined.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Each spouse will be asked to declare a field of practice depending on their ministry focus and be involved with local ministry.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Varies according to region and context. Additional details will be provided as the family’s needs are discussed and ministry locations are determined.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialized structure of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email Lisa Ramsey at [email protected].