posted on September 1, 2021
CAMA: Develop a Holistic Gospel-Planting Outreach
CAMA is seeking a couple to build a holistic, contextualized ministry working in partnership with Alliance Missions and the national church.
- CAMA worker
- Creative-access location
- Partially funded (requested to raise partial support)
- Single or couple
Join an aXcess couple seeking to build a holistic, contextualized ministry in partnership with the national church network to impact a least-reached people group. God is at work here. If you have a heart for the lost and fervor to join a fledging team impacting a least-reached people group of 6.5 million, please apply.
- Live in a majority faith community to regularly demonstrate and proclaim the gospel
- Serve with an aXcess family looking to included national teammates that highly values contextualization
- Be prepared to develop meaningful, impactful presence as most foreigners initially come in under a student visa
- Help form a local non-profit or business that provides a long-term visa, while also creating an avenue for meaningful Kingdom work among the marginalized
- Learn Bahasa Indonesian fluently and Bahasa Minang to a conversational level
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of World Perspectives Mission Course or other comparable mission course
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 50 or higher
- A deep heart for unreached peoples and a creative, contextual approach to ministry
- Cross-cultural training
- Education and/or experience in community health work
- Extensive understanding of community development
- Current involvement in ministry
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to ministry
- Ability to articulate the gospel to a seeker
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life
- Consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer 2023. Once appointed and fund-raising and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
After a devastating earthquake in 2009, The Alliance and the national church network rushed to give aid to hundreds of families. A team was birthed out of those initial relief efforts. There are few believers among the 6.5 million Minang people, and few workers remain.
The successful applicant(s) will live in a medium-sized city that provides some Western comforts but has beautiful landscapes, unmatchable food, and hospitable neighbors. The isolation from other ex-pat workers necessitates deep relationships with national teammates, intentional self-care, and off-site mentoring.
The current aXcess family is using student visas as an opportunity to find solutions for social problems focusing on involving local stakeholders and the larger community, gaining cultural understanding and linguistic competency before diving headlong into solutions.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend language study for one year. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
This city has quality healthcare facilities and well-trained doctors; most medications are readily available. Serious health issues are typically handled in the country’s capital, Malaysia, or Singapore
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting team objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children’s needs, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
There are several local schools; homeschooling is also an option. There are some boarding school options in-country, as well as internationally.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please write Pat Altemose at [email protected]
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialization of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which we are committed to model and reflect through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.