posted on January 1, 2024
CAMA: Development with People and Communities through Health Care—General
Across the globe, CAMA staff is making physical, mental, and spiritual care available to those in need. Our holistic approach involves providing care and concern for the body, mind, and soul of the individual as well as for the well-being of families and communities. As we come alongside those seeking restoration, our staff shares words of truth and points to Christ as our ultimate Healer. Whether it be through soul care, trauma care, first aid, or life-saving surgery, CAMA’s goal is to make Christ-centered holistic wellness accessible to others so that they may receive new life.
- CAMA worker
- Health care
- Partially funded
- Single or couple
- Develop relationships with people to join them in improving their local health care
- Train local health care workers in professional development
- Provide care for the poor and those without access to appropriate health care
- Provide care for the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of people in crises
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 50
- Certification in your specialty in health care
- A demonstrated record of service in health care (including mental health)
- Ability to articulate personal conversion and call to gospel ministry
- Demonstrated heart for the poor and marginalized (Micah 6:8)
- Theological Alignment with The Alliance
- Demonstrated flexibility and grace in all aspects of life
- Vibrant spiritual life with consistent practice of spiritual disciplines
- Ability to learn and recover from failure
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2025. Once appointed and fundraising and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
Varies according to region and context. More details will be provided as locations are discussed.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
We will require two years of language learning and culture learning in which you will also be able to maintain requirements to keep up your certifications.
Varies according to region and context. Details will be provided as ministry locations are identified.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Each spouse will declare a field of practice and participate in local ministry.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Varies according to region and context. Additional details will be provided as the family’s needs are discussed and ministry locations are determined.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
CAMA Services is the relief and development specialized structure of Alliance Missions. As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email Lisa Ramsey at [email protected].