posted on January 18, 2022
aXcess: Empower a Provincial Hospital and Nursing School to Serve Their Community in Cambodia
Join us in partnering with the Cambodian government to strengthen a provincial hospital, which is missing some basic elements. We are using our hard-earned credit with the nearby nursing school in order to guide the hospital toward preventative care as well as model the type of spiritual care that we as believers have to offer.
- Motivate, encourage, and offer hope to the staff of the provincial-level medical programs
- Discover ways to empower these staff to go on to work in ethical and effective ways
- Look for those who are spiritually open and share your faith with them
- Disciple those who have decided to follow Jesus within the medical system
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 60
- Ample proficiency in a vocation having to do with addiction recovery ministry
- Spiritually strong
- Patient; able to join in with a medical system that is not where it should be; and work slowly with them to improve it
- Clinical nurse, nurse practitioner, eye doctor, ear/nose/throat doctor, skin doctor, or someone experienced in hospital management
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall of 2024. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
The ones who fill this position will live in the provincial capital of Stung Treng; it is still basically rural, however. The hospital/nursing school is at the level of a developing nation and is sub-par. However, with your help, it will improve!
CIA World Factbook—Cambodia
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Good health is required since Cambodia is part of the developing world.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Most likely, there will not be an appropriate international school available once the applicant(s) moves into their permanent location. Homeschooling, some time in local schools, and boarding schools are all options.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends, family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fundraising is available.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email the IPO office at [email protected].
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.