posted on November 5, 2021
aXcess-Clergy Track: URBAN CHURCH PLANTING IN ULAANBAATAR
Required Qualifications: A recognized bachelor’s degree Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least […]
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 15 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (a minimum of one partner per couple)
- Completion of Missions Perspectives Course
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 50
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Kingdom minded
- Biblically grounded
- Spirit dependent
- Competently skilled
- Receive two years of Mongolian language study
- Make a healthy, positive adjustment to the local culture
- Build positive, healthy, and collaborative working relationships with other team members
- Participate in evangelism, discipleship, and small groups among Mongolians of every age and social class with the aim of starting and helping to build Christian faith communities in Ulaanbaatar
- Leadership training and development
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall 2022. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
CIA World Factbook—Mongolia
Work and Living Environment:
Ulaanbaatar is a rapidly developing, bustling urban environment. More than half of the Mongolian population lives here, with many more moving in from the countryside.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project—Mongolia
Language is an essential part of ministry. IWs receive two years of intensive language and cultural study. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
The air quality in Ulaanbaatar is deteriorating due to coal smoke and pollution. Individuals with asthma, allergies, or other health issues that require regular care will have significant challenges here.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
The American School of Ulaanbaatar, the International School of Ulaanbaatar, the English School of Mongolia, and the British School of Mongolia have internationally accredited curricula for grades K–12.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.