posted on September 2, 2021
TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE – MASTER OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY PROGRAM DIRECTOR ADMINISTRATIVE FACULTY
Toccoa Falls College is accepting applications for the position of Program Director for a new Master of Arts program in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- full-time, twelve-month administrative faculty position
- anticipated to launch in August 2021
Toccoa Falls College is accepting applications for the position of Program Director for a new Master of Arts program in Marriage and Family Therapy. The program is anticipated to launch in August 2021, contingent on SACSCOC approval. The Director will have a key role in the development of this program, ensuring that it is of the highest quality academically while providing students with a strong biblical worldview perspective from which to minister in a wide variety of counseling environments.
This is a full-time, twelve-month administrative faculty position reporting directly to the Director of the Division of Graduate Studies.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build the MAMFT online/hybrid program as the primary faculty member responsible for setting the vision, developing the curriculum, hiring personnel, and working closely with the Director of Graduate Studies in planning for strategic growth. Expectations for this position include:
- Provide overall management of the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy program throughout the year, in accordance with the vision and mission of Toccoa Falls College;
- Develop the new MAMFT program, including course content and assessment processes;
- Collaborate with the Director of Graduate Studies and other departments regarding the marketing, recruitment, and admission of MAMFT students;
- Hire and supervise qualified full-time and adjunct faculty;
- Advise and supervise MAMFT students;
- Annually evaluate learning outcomes for individual courses and the MAMFT program in accordance with the College’s evaluation and assessment procedures;
- Oversee the program’s continued growth and quality enhancement.;
- Work with Director of Graduate Studies in pursuing accreditation with COAMFTE;
- Build and sustain excellent relationships with faculty, chairs, and deans in order to facilitate communication, learning, collaboration, and innovation;
- Participate in the Graduate Studies Committee and other committees as a College faculty member;
- Teach six graduate courses each year;
- Maintain a current LMFT License and membership in associated professional organizations;
- Secure and maintain AAMFT Approved Supervisor certification;
- Ensure compliance with any applicable state and federal requirements, licensing, copyright laws, and accreditation regulations.
- Professed faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to live according to Toccoa Falls College’s Statement of Faith and lifestyle values;
- Earned doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in higher education, preferably in Christian higher education, with an understanding of curriculum development, outcomes assessment and program evaluation; evidence of excellent organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and manage time efficiently;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in online and hybrid education with an understanding of best practices in online teaching and learning, particularly in small classes and with self-directed learners of all ages;
- Experience facilitating accreditation with the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) is highly desirable;
- A current license in Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT);
- Current certification as an AAMFT Approved Supervisor, or eligibility to pursue certification immediately;
- At least five-years of clinical MFT counseling practice with supervision experience;
- Demonstrated record of service to the profession with a commitment to providing excellent service;
- Teaching experience with strong teaching evaluations.
Applicants should complete the Faculty Pre-Application process found at: https://tfc.edu/employment/ . This will direct candidates to submit:
- a cover letter describing interest, qualifications, and basic philosophy of teaching
- a personal faith narrative that interacts with TFC’s statement of faith
- current curriculum vitae
- unofficial graduate transcripts, and
- faculty application.
Application materials should be submitted via email attachment to Ms. Mary Kaye Ritchey, Director of Human Resources, at: [email protected]. All materials will remain confidential. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. As an equal opportunity employer, TFC encourages women and minorities to apply.
Toccoa Falls College is a Christ-centered liberal arts college affiliated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance and located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, 95 miles north of Atlanta, GA, and 65 miles south of Greenville, SC. The campus is situated on 1,100 beautiful acres and includes a 186 ft. high waterfall. The College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).