posted on September 2, 2021
SONOMA TREEHOUSE ADVENTURES VOLUNTEER HOST
Alliance Redwoods, a CMA Christian Camp and Conference Center, has a volunteer opportunity for a host – either a single person or a married couple – for our new Sonoma Treehouse Adventures.
- Volunteer (3 month commitment)
- Occidental, CA
Alliance Redwoods, a CMA Christian Camp and Conference Center, has a volunteer opportunity for a host – either a single person or a married couple – for our new Sonoma Treehouse Adventures. Sonoma Treehouse Adventures is an overnight zipline eco-tour in which guests will arrive at our facility in the afternoon, embark on a zipline tour that ends at our treehouses in the redwood trees, enjoy a nice dinner, spend the night in one of our five private treehouse yurts way up in a redwood tree, eat breakfast in the morning and zip out on a tour that completes their adventure.
Alliance Redwoods will provide you with housing apart from the treehouses or an RV hook-up if you prefer. You will share this position with another host, so we anticipate that you will host up to 3 or 4 nights per week at the most and have your days free to relax at camp or explore the beauty of Sonoma County. We will provide you with dinner and breakfast at the yurts when you host, and you will be welcome to eat in our dining hall for the rest of your meals as long as we have guests on-site for whom we are cooking. We are a Christian camp where people of all walks of life, both believers and non-believers, are invited to enjoy the wonder and majesty of God’s creation. Our mission is to be a place of renewal where our guests meet the Creator in His Creation. Our motto is to provide Service as Tall as our Trees all while loving strangers in the name of Jesus! This is a great opportunity for non-believers to see Jesus reflected in the way you love and care for them.
- Warmly welcome our guests as they arrive to the treehouses in the late afternoon
- Provide an orientation to guests upon arrival
- Assist the kitchen team in the serving of breakfast and dinner
- Sleep in the host yurt while being available for emergencies
- Answer guest questions and serve however needed
- PRAY silently for our guests while you serve them that they would experience God in a powerful way while enjoying His creation. (They knew the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature. Romans 1:19-20 NLT)
- Be a professing believer of Jesus Christ and have a heart for ministry
- Valid driver’s license, comfortable driving steep, dirt roads
- Ability to pass a background check
- Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit in recognizing opportunities to minister
- Have a fun and engaging personality
- Ability to interact with guests as desired and also recognize when they prefer solitude
- Ability to walk and carry items over uneven terrain and on swaying rope bridges
- Ability to lift and carry luggage