posted on September 2, 2021
SIMPSON UNIVERSITY PROVOST
The Provost serves as the Chief Academic Officer of the university and provides vision, academic and spiritual leadership, and support for all academic programs and personnel.
- Full time
Simpson University, a school of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, is a Christ-centered learning community with an enduring commitment to world service and faith-infused education in professional studies and liberal arts.
Mission Statement: Simpson University is a Christ-centered learning community committed to developing each student in mind, faith and character for a lifetime of meaningful work and service in a constantly changing world.
Vision: Simpson University’s passion is to be the university of choice for students who aspire to achieve their chosen life goals through a Christ-led, transformational, and innovative education.
Motto: Gateway to World Service
The Provost serves as the Chief Academic Officer of the university and provides vision, academic and spiritual leadership, and support for all academic programs and personnel. Leadership scope includes oversight of faculty and deans and providing overall direction and effective management of the university’s academic programs in support of Simpson University’s mission and strategic plan.
Strengths and experience needed for success:
- A vibrant and active relationship with Jesus Christ, clearly evidenced in all areas of life, leadership and family
- Enthusiastic agreement with Simpson University’s mission, vision, values, statement of faith, lifestyle expectations and Christian and Missionary Alliance heritage
- 10 years of leadership experience in Christian higher-education, with advancement through a range of supervisory roles; cabinet-level leadership strongly preferred
- A PhD., or equivalent with a record of scholarly research
- A current and active understanding of trends in Christian higher-education, including new opportunities and future challenges and risks
- A commitment to the mutual benefits of Christ-centered liberal arts learning and professional studies in forming students for service in God’s world
- Team leadership skills that develop, motivate, engage, manage and optimize talent, and the ability to win the trust of a committed and dedicated faculty
- Experience engaging collaborative approaches that bring together the best of various perspectives and build relationships of trust to achieve results
- The gift of listening and clear communication combined with an ability to articulate
Simpson University’s vision to various constituents
- Strong value for developing a culture of assessment and the use of portfolios, technology, various enterprise platforms and the ability to illustrate data in accessible and applicable ways
- Experience working with the intricacies of accreditation and operational planning
- Strategic focus and ability to engage in definitive planning and action to move the organization forward, including financial planning and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to advise and lead through curricular mapping with colleagues
- An appreciation for the role of outstanding co-curricular programs and support services in nurturing student success
Pray. Please join the entire Simpson community in asking God to guide the search process and bless those involved.
Refer or Suggest a Candidate. Please refer this document to a person or persons whom you believe could be a possible candidate or could help us connect to a possible candidate. In addition, you may confidentially suggest candidates directly to our search committee by emailing [email protected]; please include any candidate contact information you may have.
Inquire. If you would like to inquire about the position or if you have questions, please email [email protected]
Apply. If you are interested in applying, please submit your materials online at
Thank you for your consideration of this important role. Please feel free to share this Profile
with anyone you believe might be interested in assisting our Provost search.