posted on July 13, 2022
Outdoor Education and Program Manager | Alliance Redwoods
Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds is hiring an Outdoor Education and Program Manager to develop and coordinate all outdoor education and guest programs.
Full Time, with Benefits, Onsite Housing
Develop and coordinate all outdoor education and guest programs offered. Establish a cooperative, collaborative, and flexible program team and culture, meeting the vision and goals as set forth by the Directors of Alliance Redwoods.
Description of Duties
• Professing Christian with a passion for experiencing and teaching about God through his creation.
• Responsible for the continued research and development of new and existing program opportunities for Alliance Redwoods and the Outdoor Education program.
• Maintains familiarity with the ODE program, curriculum, and practices.
• Hire staff in collaboration with Program Logistics Manager (PLM) and Assistant Program Manager (APM).
• Lead professional learning opportunities for program staff through spring/fall training seasons and regular inservices trainings; collaborates with Challenge Course, Program Logistics, and Assistant Managers to build seasonal training schedule.
• Performs regular observations of program staff and provides written feedback.
• Develop and effectively maintain yearly Outdoor Education and Herpetology budget.
• Develop a system of delegation and training in key program areas that will allow staff to take ownership over
developing, maintaining, and identifying key leaders to take on additional responsibilities.
• Maintain an excellent standard of quality for programs and resources by overseeing naturalists in assigned
program areas: Curriculum, Herpetology, Rec, and Resources.
• Maintain stock of all essential outdoor education, herpetology, and program resources
• Meet weekly with Program Director.
• Attend weekly Cross Team Readiness Meetings (CTRM) as needed.
• Participate in professional development by attending annual workshops, trainings, and conferences.
• Utilize schedule builder to build weekly schedules, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Demonstrate effectiveness in developing program curriculum.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities.
• Ability to supervise people effectively, plan, organize, and lead projects
• Maintains current knowledge and abilities in all aspects of Outdoor Education; including, but not limited to curriculum development, teaching, and CA state education standards.
• CPR/First Aid and/or Lifeguard certified; Instructor certification preferred
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university
- Emphasis in physical science and/or education preferred
- Two years experience in Christian Camping and Experience in Outdoor Education
- Proven ability to lead and encourage a collaborative team effort and positive team culture
- Familiarity with classroom-based content and teaching strategies