posted on September 2, 2021
NIGHT SECURITY | ALLIANCE REDWOODS
Alliance Redwoods is an Alliance conference center in Northern California seeking a night security guard.
- Employment Status: Full Time or Part Time Available
- Team: Accommodations
- Immediate Supervisor: Accommodations Manager
- Team Lead: Service Director
Alliance Redwoods is a Christian and Missionary Alliance conference center in Northern California operating year-round, serving approximately 55,000 guests a year, with an annual budget of about $10M+. ARCG is comprised of three ministries: Camps and Conferences, Sonoma Zipline Adventures, and Outdoor Education.
To serve on a vibrant service-oriented team by protecting buildings and grounds through the identification and prevention of situations that might put the organization and its occupants/users/staff at risk.
Description of Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Reduce the opportunity for crime
- Conduct foot and/or mobile patrols of the entire premises:
- Prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Check lights, alarm system, parking lots, vehicles, and pool area.
- Monitor and authorize access to ARCG to guard against, theft, unauthorized entry, and maintain security of premises
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and escort violators from premises
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Assist the company’s Emergency Response Team in the event of an accident or medical emergency
- Implement the company’s emergency action plan in the event of an emergency • Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Write reports of nightly activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Assist the police with information during the investigation of a crime
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and painting. Experience with welding a plus
- Mechanical aptitude as it applies to camp vehicles, shop tools and equipment
- Ability and willingness to use power tools safely
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues, learn quickly in an active environment and be a team player
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to receive and implement direction
- Ability to do administrative work using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Employment offer is conditional on the passing of a background check
- Valid driver’s license and able to meet ARCG insurance requirements
- Must be in harmony with ARCG statement of faith and code of conduct
To Apply, complete the application the Alliance Redwoods website at https://allianceredwoods.com/employment/