posted on November 5, 2021
aXcess-Clergy Track: NEXTGEN COACH: MENTORING NEXTGEN YOUNG NATIONAL LEADERS TO REACH MUSLIMS IN THE AREA OF THE SILK ROAD
The Next Gen coach will equip many future leaders to reach the unreached in NW and beyond, along the One Belt One Road. The team strategies are as follows: missions mobilization, leadership development, community outreach, and church planting.
This area of Asia is the most unreached region with Muslims as the majority. There are ten Muslim people groups, over 23 million in this country. God has called many young people to go to this unreached region for harvest. The Next Gen coach will equip many future leaders to reach the unreached in NW and beyond, along the One Belt One Road. The team strategies are as follows: missions mobilization, leadership development, community outreach, and church planting.
- Coach the young national interns in spiritual formation and reaching the Muslims
- Train other church leaders in spiritual formation and reaching the Muslims
- Work with our team reaching the Muslim peoples through multiple services
- Work with short-term teams in outreach and prayer
- Assist in other team responsibilities
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of six hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance licensed ministry experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (all single applicants or one partner per couple)
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 80 or above
- Experienced and a love to develop Next Gen young leaders and church leaders
- Ministry experiences among the Muslims
- Speak some Chinese
- Flexible and able to work in a challenging environment
- Team player
Biblical Characteristics Desired
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment
Summer/fall 2023. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
The Silk Road is famous for its beautiful scenery of the Heavenly Lake, Heavenly Mountains, desert, grassland, and rivers. It is a historical region with a strong influence of culture and minority people groups. People are nice, sincere, beautiful, relational, and hospitable.
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study, followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Language is learned through 1. international language school 2. private small-group, minority language; 3. private one-on-one tutoring in the minority language.
Healthcare is available for routine needs. For more serious conditions, it likely would be necessary to leave the country for care. This is a region with clean air and water.
Expectations for Spouse
Spousal roles vary, based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options
Educational options will be discussed and a plan made during the application process.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.