posted on September 2, 2021
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN | ALLIANCE REDWOODS
Alliance Redwoods is an Alliance conference center in Northern California seeking an experienced maintenance technician.
- Employment Status: Full-Time Hourly, Benefited
- Team: Maintenance Team
- Immediate Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
- Team Leader: Service Director
Alliance Redwoods is a Christian and Missionary Alliance conference center in Northern California operating year-round, serving approximately 55,000 guests a year, with an annual budget of about $10M+. ARCG is comprised of three ministries: Camps and Conferences, Sonoma Zipline Adventures, and Outdoor Education.
To maintain Alliance Redwoods’ facilities and grounds including buildings and critical systems as well as vehicle maintenance, shop organization, and camp-wide safety of facilities.
Description of Responsibilities
• Assist with the maintenance request process
• Assist with routine vehicle maintenance and schedule repairs
• Assist with camp general maintenance needs
• Assist with landscaping and groundskeeping
• Assist with trail, road, and erosion management
• Assist with firewood procurement
• Assist staff and volunteers as assigned by Maintenance Manager
• Support shop organization and camp-wide safety procedures
• Willing to be trained in camp specific maintenance needs
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and painting. Experience with welding is a plus.
• Mechanical aptitude as it applies to camp vehicles, shop tools, and equipment
• Ability and willingness to use power tools safely
• Ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues, learn quickly in an active environment and be a team player
• Possess strong communication and customer service skills
• Ability to receive and implement directions
• Ability to do administrative work using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Employment offer is conditional on the passing of a background check
• Valid driver’s license and able to meet ARCG insurance requirements
• Must be in harmony with ARCG statement of faith and code of conduct
To apply, complete the application the Alliance Redwoods website at https://allianceredwoods.com/employment/