posted on November 5, 2021
aXcess-Clergy Track: JOIN US IN DEVELOPING PEOPLE AND CHURCHES
This is an opportunity to live in an urban center and experience the life and culture of one of the largest cities in Europe while using your creativity in developing relationships and building a community of faith. We believe the Lord is leading our team to develop a network of associated churches in and around […]
This is an opportunity to live in an urban center and experience the life and culture of one of the largest cities in Europe while using your creativity in developing relationships and building a community of faith. We believe the Lord is leading our team to develop a network of associated churches in and around St. Petersburg. We are looking for people to join this initiative and work alongside a team where you will find opportunities for personal development, support, and ministry partnership as we grow a network of churches.
- Make contacts with the unchurched and develop relationships with them
- Share the gospel and initiate follow-up evangelistic, Bible-study activities
- Lead group Bible studies and meet one on one for discipleship
- Participate in leading an English club
- Mentor church planters and church leaders.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of six hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance licensed ministry experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (all single applicants or one partner per couple)
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 60 or above
- A master’s degree in Intercultural Studies
- Church-planting ministry experience
- Proficient knowledge of English grammar and experience teaching ESL
Biblical Characteristics Desired
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment
Summer/fall 2022. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language- acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
This city is world-class and is developing rapidly, providing a bustling urban environment. This requires applicant(s) to be prepared to carry on many ministry activities in the evenings with the large student and young professional populations of the city. It is known as a “gateway to the West,” and much of the city has a European mentality. Housing is in apartment buildings with 100-200 units. Public transportation is excellent. It is famous for its beautiful and clean subways. The subway connects most parts of the city. An English-speaking international Christian school is available for children.
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive one year of intense language study, followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Language is an essential part of ministry. International workers are blessed to receive two years of intensive language and cultural study. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a fluent level, in order to share the good news of Jesus. Language-learning possibilities are flexible, based on the learner.
The city has good healthcare facilities. Transportation, apartments, sidewalks, and public buildings usually are not handicap accessible. Physically challenged applicants may find it difficult to live here.
Expectations for Spouse
Spousal roles vary, based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options
International Academy is an accredited, international K-12 Christian school with an American curriculum. Also, many local Russian schools can provide quality education, with excellent opportunities for your children and the whole family to integrate into the culture. Pre-school programs with flexible hours are prevalent throughout the city.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.