posted on November 8, 2021
Human Resources Manager | Alliance Redwoods
Alliance Redwoods in Occidental, CA, is seeking a Human Resource Manager
- Position Type: Full time exempt with benefits
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
Alliance Redwoods in Occidental, CA, is seeking a Human Resource Manager. Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds (ARCG) is a Christian and Missionary Alliance conference center in Northern California operating year-round, serving approximately 55,000 guests a year, with an annual budget of about $10M+. ARCG maintains an average of approximately 130 employees and is comprised of three ministries: Camps and Conferences, Sonoma Zipline Adventures, and Outdoor Education.
Lead and direct all aspects of the ARCG Human Resource function including recruiting and hiring staff,
administering pay and benefits, enforcing organizational policies and practices, and ensuring compliance
with state and federal laws. The goal of the department is to foster positive relationships and increase job
satisfaction while supporting the ARCG mission, staff and leadership team.
• Partners with the Director team to understand and execute ARCG’s human resource and talent
strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and
• Conducts recruitment effort for all staff and volunteers, posts jobs, works with supervisors to screen
and interview candidates, checks references, extends job offer, runs background checks and
conducts new employee orientation
• Drives and manages the ARCG volunteer program
• Maintains HRIS and personnel files
• Oversees bi-weekly payroll in coordination with Accounting Manager
• Provides support and guidance to management and staff on job-related issues and questions
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development
opportunities for employees
• Reports and monitors worker’s compensation claims
• Administers ARCG benefits program
• Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Oversees
employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
• Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints and harassment and
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the Director team for
• Reviews and updates Employee Handbook
• Oversees risk management program and is a primary OSHA contact
• Oversees staff on-site housing, including documentation for staff that live on-site
• Supervises Resident Advisers
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and
recommended best practices. Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
Revision Date: 10/28/2021
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
This position requires proven leadership, communication and organizational skills with a demonstrated
ability to problem solve and lead through influence. Strong project management skills, attention to detail
and thoroughness, and the ability to handle multiple tasks are essential in this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree, PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
• At least three years of HR Generalist or related experience with progressive responsibility in HR
• Thorough knowledge of human resource management practices
• Broad knowledge of benefits, compensation, California employment law and training/development
• Experience working with HRIS systems
• Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel)
• Experience working for a non-profit desired
• Be in harmony with ARCG statement of faith and code of conduct.