posted on September 1, 2021
ENVISION: SITE COORDINATOR IN ISRAEL
The successful applicant(s) will work with a variety of teams, local NGOs, an established international church, and multiple local congregations.
Applicant(s) will work with both majority populations, as well as various immigrant populations, making a strong contribution to local Alliance ministries through personal participation and hosting teams and interns, connecting them in local ministries. They will also invest heavily in the growth and development of all short-term volunteers (teams, interns, and residents).
- Demonstrated proficiency in a vocation
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course or equivalent
- A minimum Bible Knowledge Exam score of 80%
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 40 or higher
- Leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in group and event planning
- Experience in mentoring or coaching
- High level of interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Gifts in hospitality
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Christ-centered character
- Spirit-empowered ministry
- Spiritual leadership
- Commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Biblical alignment
- Partner with local ministries (local Alliance churches, other Alliance international workers, and other key ministries).
- Develop and implement a discipleship and development program for all short-term volunteers.
- Cast vision for site and local ministry.
- Maintain and build partnerships with U.S. churches desiring to be involved in local ministry.
- Host teams and interns, taking care of logistics for trips and ministry experiences.
- Develop a personal ministry in the community/church using personal gifts and experience.
Timeline for deployment:
Worker(s) will be deployed once appointed—and fund-raising and other qualifications are met. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
CIA World Factbook—Israel/Palestine
Work and Living Environment:
People are eager to learn English from native speakers, and the culture is generally hospitable to Westerners. Electricity and water services are undependable. There are a growing number of Western-style brands, retail chains, and restaurants. Most families on the team live in houses or apartments in the community they are seeking to impact.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project – Israel/Palestine
Language is an essential part of ministry. Envision Staff receive one year of intensive language and cultural study. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Good health is necessary to thrive in this environment. There is a local, foreign-staffed private hospital and a few accomplished specialists, but public health care, in general, is sub-standard. Pharmacies carry most medicines, and any routine procedures can be done locally. Major nonemergency surgeries should be done abroad.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Good schooling options are quite limited. There are several English international schools, but some lack upper grades or only offer a minimal curriculum. Some IWs choose to homeschool or utilize online classes.