posted on January 1, 2023
Envision: Site Associate in Miami
The site associate position is for anyone with a passion to identify leaders (both young and old), develop them as they grow in Christ, and mobilize them into God’s mission. Candidate(s) will share the gospel in formal and informal settings and work with youth and adults in various discipleship contexts and community programs (i.e., robotics, ESL, Bible club). The successful applicant(s) will be part of a team of staff and volunteers and will have some supervisory responsibilities. Desired skills include teaching, organization, communication, leadership, and working with youth. We are looking for an individual or couple who is self-motivated, takes faith-filled risks, and possesses a love for teamwork and a willingness to learn. The schedule includes some nights and weekends.
- International worker (IW)–Envision–Vocational Track
- Community center, community development (urban), discipleship, ESL/TESOL, evangelism, leadership development, refugee or immigrant ministry, youth ministry, and public after-school program
- Subscribing support
- Single or couple
- Assist the site director
- Lead activities for short-term missions teams
- Supervise volunteers and other support staff
- Plan, promote, and execute events
- Engage in leadership development
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Completion of the World Perspectives Mission Course (minimum of certificate level) or equivalent
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 20
- A bachelor’s degree and experience in ministry or business
- Positive involvement in and love for the local church
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficiency in project and people management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- ESL or TSOL certification and experience
- Successful track record in ministry and vocational work
- Experience working cross-culturally
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Beginning as early as summer/fall 2023. Following appointment, and once fundraising goals and other qualifications are met, the appointee is required to attend a cross-cultural and language-acquisition program (as applicable), and pre-field orientation prior to deploying.
Miami is 5 percent evangelical Christian in a metropolitan area of close to six million people.
Language is an essential part of ministry. Those who do not know the language will attend a language study program. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
In the inner-city area of Miami where we serve, the main languages are Spanish and Haitian-Creole. A willingness to grow in knowledge in one or both of these will help you as you communicate, relate, and train others in the community.
Miami is very hot and humid during the summer months (June–September), and if you struggle with this type of environment, it may not be the place for you. Good access to medical care is all around the metropolitan area.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Public school or homeschooling are available options, as well as various private schools.