posted on September 1, 2021
ENVISION: SITE ASSOCIATE–DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Envision is looking for someone to make a strong contribution in areas of relational outreach, discipleship, hospitality, and leadership development.
Envision desires to see people Come Alive as they follow Jesus, this Site Associate position will help accomplish that through our team in Santiago, Dominican Republic. As a part of the team, this individual or couple would be expected to make a strong contribution in areas of relational outreach, discipleship, hospitality, and leadership development. They would also be involved in hosting short-term teams and interns. Working in this cross-cultural environment requires a strong missional calling, willingness to work on a team, flexibility, and a creative or innovative personality.
- Ample proficiency in particular vocation
- Study within field of expertise
- C&MA Polity Course
- Missions Perspectives Course
- Proficiency in area of ministry
- Passed Bible Knowledge Exam
- Leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Church advancement and planting heart
- Evangelism and discipleship experiences
- Gifts and experience in hospitality and hosting large groups
- Host short term teams/individual
- Translating, scheduling, planning meals, coordinating national workers, transport, vision-casting, orientation, chauffeuring, mentoring interns
- Partner with Go Global in their ministry initiatives and furthering them.
- Develop a personal ministry in the community/church through discipleship, evangelism, education, development, or another area of need, depending on personal gifts and skills.
- Help the local churches in the Dominican Republic to fulfill the calling and ministry that God has given them. This may include building projects, evangelism, or church planting.
- Network with other IM and GM international workers in the Dominican.
- Make new contacts and develop relationships on a weekly basis.
- Regularly communicate effectively and securely with supporting churches and individuals.
Timeline for deployment:
Once appointed, fundraising begins. Release for ticketing once fundraising and other criteria is met.
CIA World Factbook–Dominican Republic
Work and Living Environment:
Work with a team consisting of multi-national leaders. Site associates and coordinators will be living in a developing world country where the standard of living will be below that in the US. Specific housing options will be explored after appointment to the role.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project–Dominican Republic
One year of Spanish language study in San Jose, Costa Rica followed by tutoring or other language coaching on the ground in Mexico.
You will be working with the other Envision workers as well as the national Dominican C&MA leaders.
Expectations for Spouse:
If married, this role will be run together as a couple.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
As advised by the team