posted on December 2, 2022
Orchard Alliance: Cybersecurity Intern
Orchard Alliance, a subsidiary of The Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination, is seeking a temporary part-time Cybersecurity Intern. We are a nonprofit financial stewardship ministry that provides churches, individuals, families, and other like-minded organizations with a wide range of products and services.
This position has a focus on supporting the organization’s cybersecurity risk measurement, mitigation strategies, and overall information security strategic plan.
Has God called you to use your skills for a greater purpose? Come join our growing team!
- Assist in the development of the organization’s cybersecurity program, including but not limited to:
- Observe and interact with software used to protect systems and information infrastructure
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Improve the efficiency of reviewing user credentials and systems access
- Participating in weekly change management processes
- Updating documentation for the Business Continuity Plan and Incident Response Plan
- Help colleagues understand information security and its importance for the business
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Design step-by-step operating procedure documents for everyday activities
Here’s What We’re Looking for:
- Enrolled in an electrical/computer engineering/computer science/business administration curriculum at an accredited college or university, or related work experience.
- Basic Understanding of cybersecurity (physical security, technical security, education and awareness, vulnerability management, and monitoring/detection).
- A desire to gain practical exposure to cybersecurity management in a non-profit organization.
- A desire to make a real-life impact in cybersecurity management at our organization during the course of this internship.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Timelines for this Internship (3-6 month duration):
- Spring 2023, beginning in January
- Summer 2023, beginning in June
About Orchard Alliance:
Our mission is to equip God’s stewards for greater Kingdom impact.
Our vision is to see every person and ministry we serve empowered in biblical stewardship, accomplishing God’s purposes for His glory.
Our core values:
Because of The Alliance’s primary and exclusive Christian and religious purposes, Orchard Alliance employment is limited to individuals who:
- Profess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior; and
- Are active participants in a local evangelical Christian church; and
- Accept and live in accordance with The Alliance’s Statement of Faith; and
- Accept and abide by The Alliance’s Policy on Alcohol and Marijuana Use; and
- Accept and abide by The Alliance’s Statement on Human Sexuality.
- Contact Ted Price, VP for Operations/Finance at [email protected]
- Complete the full Orchard Alliance Employment Application and provide your Christian testimony