posted on January 13, 2022
aXcess: Developing People and Churches in Europe
This is an opportunity to live in an urban center and experience the life and culture of one of the largest cities in Europe while using your creativity in developing relationships and building a community of faith.
In order to help reach the young, urban professionals who have little access to knowing God’s love, we need passionate Christ followers with experience living a missional lifestyle and connecting with non-believers. This is an opportunity to live in an urban center and experience the life and culture of one of the largest cities in Europe while using your creativity in developing relationships and building a community of faith. We believe the Lord is leading our team to partner with local believers to strategize and develop a network of associated churches in and around the city. We are looking for people to join this initiative and work alongside a team where you will find opportunities for personal development, support, and ministry partnership as we grow a network of churches.
- Make contacts with the unchurched and develop relationships with them.
- Share the gospel and initiate follow-up evangelistic Bible study activities.
- Lead group Bible studies and meet one-on-one for discipleship.
- Lead English clubs.
- Mentor church planters and church leaders.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (all singles or one member per couple)
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 60
- An open and friendly personality
- Experience in church planting, the gift of encouraging others in ministry, and the ability to disciple young leaders
- Experience leading people to Christ and discipling them to be disciple makers
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer of 2023. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Course/Experience prior to deploying.
This city is a world-class city that is developing rapidly, providing a bustling urban environment. This requires applicants to be prepared to carry on many activities in the evenings with the large student and young professional populations of the city. Much of the city has a European mentality. Housing is in apartment buildings with 100-200 apartments. Public transportation is excellent. This country is famous for its beautiful and clean subways. The subway connects most parts of the city. An English speaking international Christian school is available for children.
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant(s) will receive two year of intense language study followed by ongoing language and cultural acquisition. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
It is expected that the selected applicant(s) will dedicate several hours per day to language acquisition (30 hours per week) during language study and continue to make mastery of the local language a lifelong goal. This will greatly enhance ministry and the ability to influence people for Christ
This city has good healthcare facilitates. Transportation, apartments, sidewalks, and public buildings are not usually handicap accessible. Physically challenged applicants may find it difficult to live here.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
International Academy is an accredited international K-12 Christian school with an American curriculum. Also, many local schools can provide a quality education with excellent opportunities for your children and whole family to integrate into the culture. Pre-school programs with flexible hours are prevalent throughout the city.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.