posted on September 1, 2021
aXcess-Clergy Track: CHURCH PLANTING IN YUCATAN
The Alliance is looking for a church planter in Mexico.
The successful applicant(s) will work alongside a national pastor to plant a church among these people.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 15 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (all singles or one partner per couple)
- Fluency in Spanish
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 35
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Kingdom minded
- Biblically grounded
- Spirit dependent
- Competently skilled
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Willingness to allow a Mexican pastor to take the lead
- Lead home Bible studies
- Disciple new believers
- Be involved in visitation ministry
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer/fall 2022. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Orientation prior to deploying.
CIA World Factbook—Mexico
Work and Living Environment:
The city of Merida is considered to be a safe and growing area of Mexico.
Status of Christian Witness:
The Joshua Project—Mexico
Language is an essential part of ministry. IWs receive two years of intensive language and cultural study. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a functional level in order to mentor, teach, and train others.
Quality health care is available.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Children will attend a bilingual international school.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.