posted on January 13, 2022
aXcess: A Daring Church Consultant for a Country in Eastern Europe
The desire of this team is to work where God is working, to build relationships that are bridges to sharing the gospel, to help develop communities of faith, and to encourage new believers as they reach out to their families, friends, neighbors, and neighboring countries.
The vision of our team is to create a missionary-sending national church that creates and multiplies disciples throughout the country and the world. We have a need to support and build up churches in the eastern part of the country.
We seek an adventurous couple or single with ministry experience to walk alongside experienced national church leadership, to help develop and disciple new church planters, be involved with several humanitarian children’s projects, and respond to creative and unique ministry opportunities
- Learn the local language and culture.
- Engage in hospitality with locals, both believers and non-believers.
- Work with the national church to help develop and disciple new church planters.
- Work with national church planting team to evangelize, disciple, gather believers, and develop leaders.
- Be able to live in a rural area with limited phone and internet capabilities (the city size is 30,000).
- Be willing to travel up to 200 km (140 miles) to work with various church plants.
- Be willing to learn the Russian language.
- Be willing to be near, not in, areas of military conflict.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree
- Completion of at least 30 hours of Bible/theology/ministry and 15 hours of intercultural studies
- Note: If a couple, one spouse must meet this requirement. It’s preferable that the other spouse holds a recognized bachelor’s degree, has strong ministry experience, and has completed the C&MA Polity course and at least 18 hours of Bible/theology and 12 hours of missions/ministry studies (with a minimum of 6 hours in cross-cultural or missions studies).’
- Completion of Alliance Polity course
- A minimum Modern Language Aptitude Test (MLAT) score of 60
- Minimum of two years of successful Alliance Licensed Ministry Experience
- Completion of Alliance ordination/consecration (all singles or one member per couple)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete ministry tasks
- A minimum of 8-10 years ministry experience.
- An open and friendly personality
- Experience in church planting, the gift of encouraging others in ministry, and the ability to disciple young leaders
- Experience leading people to Christ and discipling them to be disciple makers
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Summer of 2023. All appointees are required to attend a cross-cultural and language acquisition program and Pre-Field Course/Experience prior to deploying.
Language is an essential part of intercultural ministry. You will receive two years of intensive language and cultural study. The goal will be to speak, read, and write the language at a professional level in order to mentor, teach, and train up national church planters.
This city has good health care facilities. Transportation, apartments, sidewalks, and public buildings are not usually handicap-accessible. Physically challenged applicants may find it difficult to live here.
Expectations for Spouse:
Spousal roles vary based on the spouse’s gifts, training, and abilities, as well as the needs of the team. It is expected that both spouses will be meaningfully involved in meeting ministry objectives, depending on the nature of family roles, children, etc.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
There are several options for high-quality education for children of all ages in the capital city. For more information about educational options, please contact the IPO office.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a full compensation package with the expectation that, once appointed, efforts will be made to raise a portion of support costs through the applicant’s network of friends and family, local church, or other resources. Information on support costs will be made available upon application. Training and/or coaching in fund-raising is available.
Applicants should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process.
Please email Stacy Douglas at [email protected]
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. Due to the nature of this ministry opportunity, part of the required qualifications include optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These are assessed during the application process.