posted on April 19, 2023
AWF – Alliance in France: Senior Pastor, Toulouse International Church, France
This is a great opportunity for a highly relational person who has a heart to reach people in an international, multicultural context. Toulouse International Church (TIC) is located in Toulouse, France, a fast-growing aerospace hub that draws in many students, qualified engineers, and entrepreneurs.
- International church pastor employed directly by Toulouse International Church
- Local European salary and benefits
TIC is an English-speaking church that is a member of the AECM France (Alliance des Églises Chrétiennes Missionnaires de France) and the Alliance World Fellowship (AWF). TIC was founded by a C&MA missionary in 1992 and has grown into a maturing, Christ-centered local church of about 100 to 130 people regularly attending on Sundays.
TIC provides a local church family for international students, international and cross-cultural families, and engineering professionals and their families. TIC is a melting pot of different nationalities, languages, cultures, and denominational backgrounds. Each Sunday is a testimony to the unity of Christ in His Body as the congregation comes together as one in respect and love to serve and worship the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Each week, we see individuals of 30 or more different nationalities come through the doors, the majority of whom are between the ages of 20 and 40 years old. TIC sees a high turnover rate due to its nature—anglophone and international, drawing in students and short- to mid-term workers.
The vision that God has given TIC builds on this identity—that we are a diverse people, united in Christ, being transformed by Him to impact our world.
Visit www.toulouseinternationalchurch.org/ to learn more and email [email protected] to apply now.
- Build relationships intentionally
- Maintain and carry forward the vision of the church through the current and future ministries at TIC
- Spiritual nurturing of the church
- Content of regular services of the church in consultation with the other elders
- Disciple new believers
- Model Christ in word and deed
- Spiritual maturity and discernment with gifts of teaching, preaching, discipleship, and pastoral care
- Ability to connect with a diverse group of internationals and inspire people to love and follow Jesus
- Fluency in English
- Experience working and living in an international, multicultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multilingual environment
- High motivation and stamina to manage in an ever-changing environment
- High self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to delegate and develop people to share workload; team player and builder
- Ability to manage conflict, listen, and constructively facilitate resolution
- Ability to maintain a healthy church/life balance
- Knowledge of the French language and culture would be advantageous
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Fall 2023/Spring 2024.
Like most places where The Alliance has a presence, France is a very challenging environment to work in. It is a post-modern society, generally showing solid resistance to gospel communication. Our experience of ministry in France has shown that people are most responsive to the gospel when invited into a deeply relational and Spirit-filled community.
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant should be fluent in English, but knowledge of the French language and culture would be advantageous.
France offers excellent health care options in both the private and public sectors.
Expectations for Spouse:
The only expectation for the spouse is that she is an active member of the church, using her gifting to be the person that God has called her to be.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Local schools are available, as well as some bilingual schooling options. Homeschooling is not an option under French law.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a standard pastor’s remuneration package for France, including housing.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email Toulouse International Church at [email protected].
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.