posted on November 1, 2022
AWF – Alliance in France: Senior Pastor, Toulouse International Church, France
This is a great opportunity for a highly relational person who has a heart to reach international people in an international multicultural context. Toulouse International Church (TIC) is located in Toulouse, France, a fast-growing aerospace hub drawing in many students and qualified engineers, entrepreneurs etc. The vision that God has given TIC builds on this identity that we are a diverse people, united in Christ, being transformed by him to impact our world.
• International Church Pastor employed directly by Toulouse International Church
• Teaching, preaching, discipleship and pastoral care
• Basic local European salary
TIC is an English-speaking church that is a member of the AECM France (Alliance des Églises Chrétiennes Missionnaires de France) and the Alliance World Fellowship (AWF). The church was founded by a C&MA missionary in 1992 and has grown into a maturing, Christ-centered local church of about 80 to 100 people regularly attending on Sundays.
TIC provides a local church family for international students, international and cross-cultural families, engineering professionals, and their families. TIC is a melting pot of different nationalities, languages, cultures, and denominational backgrounds. Each Sunday is a testimony to the unity of Christ in his body, as the congregation comes together as one in respect and love, to serve and worship the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Each week we see 30+ different nationalities come through the doors, a majority of which are between the ages of 20 and 40 years old. TIC sees a high turnover rate due to its nature – anglophone and international, drawing in students and short/mid-term workers.
- Build relationships intentionally.
- Maintain and carry forward the vision of the Church, through the current and future ministries at TIC
- Spiritual nurturing of the Church
- Content of regular services of the church in consultation with the other Elders.
- Disciple new believers.
- Model Christ in word and deed.
- Spiritual maturity and discernment with gifts of teaching, preaching, discipleship and pastoral care.
- Ability to connect with a diverse grouping of internationals and inspire people to love and follow Jesus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoring a church
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working/living in an international & multicultural environment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multilingual environment.
- Highly motivated with the stamina to manage in an ever-changing environment.
- High level of self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
- Team player and builder, able to delegate and develop people to share the workload.
- Conflict management with the ability to listen and constructively facilitate resolution.
- Capable of developing pastoral care in the church family (discipleship/mentorship
- Ability to maintain a healthy church/life balance.
- Knowledge of the French language and culture would be advantageous.
Biblical Characteristics Desired:
- Biblically grounded
- Competently skilled
Timeline for Deployment:
Like most places where the Alliance has a presence, France is a very challenging environment to work in. It is a post-modern society, which generally shows solid resistance to gospel communication. Our experience of ministry in France has shown that people are responsive to the gospel when invited into a deep, relational and Spirit-filled community.
Language is an essential part of ministry. The successful applicant should be fluent in English and knowledge of the French language and culture would be advantageous.
France offers excellent healthcare options in both the private and public sectors.
Expectations for Spouse:
The only expectation for the spouse is that she is an active member of the church, using her gifting to be the person that God has called her to be.
Children’s Educational Plan and Options:
Local schools are available, as well as some bilingual schooling options. Homeschooling is not an option in France.
The successful applicant(s) will receive a basic local European salary, but some additional financial support may be required depending on the circumstances.
Applicant(s) should be aware that serving in the international world often requires a higher degree of grace and flexibility. For example, overseas teams can be suddenly and unexpectedly impacted by illness, government decisions, financial realities, team changes, or other factors beyond the team’s control. The challenge for applicants is that these factors can sometimes necessitate the sudden redefining of a position, which may take place before, during, or after the application/interview process has begun or is completed.
Please email Toulouse International Church at [email protected] This is also the email you can use to send your application.
As part of an evangelical denomination, we are committed to biblical holism, which is modeled and reflected through our work. Due to this commitment, part of the required qualifications includes optimal emotional, spiritual, and physical health. These will be assessed during the application process.