Andrew and Esther Schaeffer
Prayer Letter/Ministry Update
If you were to overhear the typical conversation in our home during recent days, this is what you would hear:
Esther: What do you think ______ would like for Christmas?
Andrew: I have no idea. What about a _______?
Esther: That is what we gave him/her last year.
Andrew: I give up!
Coming up with something original that you know your loved one will like is not easy, is it?
What about a gift for the One whose birthday we celebrate? I can think of a few gifts that might bring Him joy:
1. Hundreds of new believers here in Bobo Dioulasso, thanks to a large evangelistic campaign earlier this month. For more campaign news visit: http://goo.gl/EkY2RG
2. Growing churches, like the Sarafalao Church plant where I spoke this past Sunday and where Esther is doing a weekly women’s Bible Study.
3. Vibrant, well-educated students, thanks to the ministries of Burkina Alliance Christian Schools. The Good Seed Primary School and Lycée Maranatha Secondary School both have record enrollment.
4. Esther’s “Hallelujah Ladies” weekly visitation ministries to the Bobo prison and hospital. Special outreaches were held at both places during the evangelistic campaign and a meal and gift distributions are planned at Christmastime.
5. More future laborers for the African harvest, thanks to a healthy enrollment at Maranatha Bible Institute and a record 94 students and 92 wives at Poundou Bible and Agricultural School.
As pleased as I believe Jesus would be with each of these “gifts,” the gift He most wants is expressed so beautifully in the carol:
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb.
If I were a wise man, I would do my part.
Yet what can I give Him? Give Him my heart!
Please pray that we would give ourselves to Him without reservation during this holiday season and throughout the coming year. We pray that you will do the same. For He alone is worthy!
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
Andrew & Esther Schaeffer
p.s. Check out our Bobo Team Christmas greetings:
For Esther's latest video clip:
Esther's other video clips:
BOBO TEAM TWITTER PAGE:
Prayer Requests/Answers to Prayer
February 15, 2017
1. Thankful for a good visit with Rebekah last week. She is busy helping to direct the school play and also giving a recital this weekend, plus AP classes, and lots of social activities. Pray that our children would all walk in the Lord's ways.
2. Prison ministry needs prayer. A demon-possessed girl is causing disturbances when we are teaching and singing. We will have a team meeting this Friday to talk through this and other challenges. Pray for unity on our team and that we would understand spiritual warfare.
3. Pray for a ministry opportunity given to us at the Christian High School. Over 80% of our students are non-believers. Pray that we will have opportunities to present clearly the Gospel of Christ.
4. Lots of seminars happening next week. Pray that we would remember the heart of the Gospel and that our Christian workers would themselves be sincere followers of Christ.
Andrew and Esther Schaeffer prayer requests January 30, 2017
1. We are thankful for a wonderful ministry trip in Tougan and Toma, teaching close to 80 pastors' wives. Pray for these women who are serving alongside their husbands in difficult settings. Some are struggling to feed their families after a poor harvest this year.
2. We have a woman prisoner who is creating problems for our team. She is keeping some of the women from coming to listen to the Bible stories. Pray that the Lord would show His power and that others would decide for themselves to come and listen.
3. Pray for Esther as she begins to teach women in the village of Peni this week. Pray that we would see women come to Christ and grow in their faith. Pray for the pastor at this church as he struggles with health issues.
4. We thank the Lord that Rebekah is feeling better. Pray for our sons, David and Stephen, as they seek the Lord's will for their medical residencies.
Andrew and Esther Schaeffer prayer requests Jan 22, 2017
1. Pray for Esther as she travels to teach pastors' wives this week. Pray that the love of Christ and the hope of His coming would encourage these women who serve in difficult situations.
2. Pray for a woman who came to Bible study this past week. She has been a secret believer but recently decided to make a stand and tell her family that she is going to follow Christ.
3. Pray for our widows group that will be doing several trainings to equip these women to make soap and peanut butter. Pray for the on-going moringa project.
4. We are thankful that Rebekah is feeling better and was able to get through her exams!
January 16, 2016
1. Pray for Esther as she prepares two pastors' wives seminars scheduled in Tougan and Toma next week.
2. We thank the Lord for the many that accept Christ at the hospital. Pray for them to be healed and connected into churches once they are discharged.
3. Pray for our daughter Rebekah who has not been feeling well since her return to school in Germany. She has exams coming up.
4. Pray that we would show the kindness of God to those around us.
January 4, 2016
1. We had such a wonderful Christmas with our children. The happy and sad all mixed together: happy to have them, sad to think of them leaving. Mark and Rebekah take off this Saturday. Pray that they both arrive safely and have a good start to their semesters.
2. Pray for a women's Bible study starting at the Belleville church. Pray for many to attend and for insight into spiritual needs of the women.
3. We praise the Lord for the miracle of healing of the young man we have been praying for at the hospital. He will soon be released. He is an orphan. Please pray that his family will accept for this young man to live with our hospital chaplain so that he can be fed and go to school.
4. Pray for a young woman who accepted Christ at a recent evangelism event. She is very troubled. Pray for one of our widows who is discipling her.
Updated: February 15, 2017
- Children's Names
- Field Assignment
- Country of Service
- Burkina Faso
- Mission Protestant C&MA
- B P 3050
- Bobo Dioulasso,
- BURKINA FASO
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »