Following are the steps that ordained/consecrated workers from a recognized denomination need to take to become licensed workers with The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Becoming Licensed with the C&MA
- Applicants will complete the Next Steps form and be connected with an experienced Alliance staff member who will help guide their exploration of service within the C&MA.
- Once approved, applicants will then submit an Application for Ministry and a Doctrinal Questionnaire to the superintendent of the Alliance district in which they seek to serve.
- Applicants will provide three personal references, a copy of their service history, and an ordination/consecration certificate from their former denomination.
- Applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and distinctives of the C&MA and a willingness to submit to constituted C&MA authority.
- The district superintendent will arrange for an interview with the License, Ordination, and Consecration Committee (LO&CC). Applicants will submit to an oral examination on the doctrinal distinctives, history, and polity of the C&MA as well as other matters that the LO&CC may require.
- Approved applicants will complete an Alliance Distinctives and Polity Course provided by Church Ministries; the LO&CC may require additional readings or papers at its discretion.
- If the LO&CC considers the applicant’s qualifications satisfactory, it may sustain the ordination/consecration.
- All persons transferring from another denomination who are issued a license are required to attend a New Official Workers Forum.
- If applicants are not ordained/consecrated, they must agree to work toward ordination/consecration based on the requirements in the Uniform Policy on Ordination and Consecration.
- Applicants will bear any expense associated with the application process.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »