Local Church U. S.
The Church is God’s instrument to reach the lost. That’s why our energies and resources are poured into creating healthy, vibrant, communities of faith in the United States and around the world.
The Birth of the Church
The work of completing the Great Commission is traced to the first gathering of believers and the Call has not changed.
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer…. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved” (Acts 2:42, 47).
Healthy churches are typically filled with transformed, increasingly mature followers of Christ. This is why assisting believers to go deeper in their faith and equipping them to use their gifts and talents to win others to Him is such a high priority.
Following those first models of community, Alliance churches are committed to the growth of those in their care and modeling the nature of Jesus Christ both to the fellowship of believers and the community where they gather.
We have found several key ingredients that form an Acts 2 fellowship:
- Quality Pastoral Care. Alliance pastors set the stage. Passionate to win the lost for Christ, they guide and counsel their respective flocks to go deeper in their love for Jesus, while training them to also be faithful stewards of the good news.
- Devotion to Disciplemaking. Strengthening believers—at every age level, and from every walk of life—to know and love Jesus as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King and to complete His Great Commission is fundamental to Alliance church ministry.
- Fervent Evangelism. A mature, transformed disciple is passionate to reach the lost with the good news. Alliance fellowships offer community outreach and short-term missions opportunities. A good litmus test for a healthy Body of believers is when they actively send—and support—career missionaries.
- Church Planting. A natural outgrowth of a vibrant fellowship is to birth like-minded fellowships.
- Mobilizing the Fellowship. A church body that is inspired, equipped, and resourced to reach the nations is vital to completing The Great Commission. This can be accomplished through the church's annual missions event or quarterly missions emphasis. For more information please contact your district missions mobilizer or the Global Link Office.
- Partnering with the Worker. A church body that is lead by a "vision-caster" facilitates strategic relationships between North American Alliance churches and Alliance workers, people or projects overseas.
Mixed with a heavy outpouring of the Holy Sprit, these ingredients make for a winning Kingdom recipe—completion of the Great Commission.
Locate a Church
Use this tool to locate a church in the U.S. Enter either the city (optional) and state, or zip.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »