The Alliance entered Mali, home of the fabled city of Timbuktu, in 1923. Many Alliance missionaries labored faithfully for more than a decade in this spiritually arid climate before seeing a single convert. Today, less than 1 percent of the Malian people follow Jesus. Yet through God’s grace and the prayers of His people, Alliance workers and their national partners are building communities of faith among previously resistant groups, including the Bozo and the Gana people.
The Alliance mission and the national church are proclaiming the hope of Jesus among prostitutes, prisoners, subsistence farmers, and villagers throughout the country. The Bamako Ministry Center is reaching out to university students and professionals, and the Koutiala Hospital ministers Jesus’ compassion to countless women and children who would otherwise die without ever hearing of the Savior’s love for them.
The Alliance at Work in Mali
Alliance people are meeting felt needs, creating opportunities to proclaim the good news in a previously unreached village.read more
Watch this video and see how your investment is being used for Kingdom purposes.read more
Play your part in fulfilling the Great Commissionread more
See how Christ’s birth is celebrated in various Alliance fields around the world.read more
An Alliance pastor’s response to mistreatment and intimidation precedes 30 community members turning to Christ in Mali, West Africa.read more
- Infant mortality rate—116.8/1,000
- Life expectancy—45.1
- Capital City
- Bamako (1,323,200) pop.
- Almost twice the size of Texas, Mali (478,764 sq. mi.) lies in the Sahara Desert. The only fertile area is in the south.
- French (official)
- numerous African languages
- Mande (Bambara, Malinké, Sarakole)—50%
- Tuareg, Moor—10%
- Per capita income—$900
- Literacy rate—46% (2003 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Republic. Rule by dictatorship ended in 1992 with Mali’s first presidential election.
- indigenous beliefs—9%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Mali is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Give to Special Projects
These field-approved projects are funded by donations in addition to the GCF. Click and give today.
- Church Planting/Bamako
- Church Construction/Bamako
- Boomu Bible Project
- Motorbikes for Church Pastors
- Bamako Hope Community Center
- Bamako Prison Ministries
- Gana Outreach
- Koutiala Cancer Treatment
- Koutiala Church Planting Initiative
- Bible School Donations
- Bethel Bible School Gifts
- National Ministry Nurse Training Scholarships
- Koutiala Teams Van
- Koutiala Women's and Children's Hospital
- Media Ministries
- Koutiala Hospital Benevolent Fund
- Koutiala Hospital Long-term Reserve Fund
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »