Alliance workers entered Kosovo in the summer of 1999, immediately after the last war. Kosovo is part of the Balkans Field for The Alliance.
Since 2002 the C&MA has partnered with the Messiah Evangelical Fellowship with a vision to plant churches throughout Kosovo, Macedonia and beyond. In 2004 the C&MA joined with the Messiah Church to launch a new community center and church plant in a city of roughly 70,000 people with no known believers prior to 2002. In 2012 the partnership launched another church plant in the city of Kamenica where there were no known believers.
Partners with the evangelical church of Kosovo.
- Facilitate new church plants in the capital city of Prishtina and a nearby city, Viti
- Assist in the development of women’s ministry leadership throughout Kosovo through Entrust, an international leadership development program.
- Support the theological education ministries of the national church through BILD, a church-based theological education program.
- Provide preaching, teaching and discipleship ministries to the growing network of partner churches
The Alliance at Work in Kosovo
We feel blessed to be the first believers in our village.read more
A Q&A with the regional leadership couple for Alliance work in the North and Central Asia Regionread more
They heard the gospel, believed, and were baptized.read more
I had not considered that Kosovars could be primarily oral learners because most of them are literate.read more
Followers of Jesus have been meeting refugees’ practical needs, showing them love, and demonstrating care.read more
- 1.8 million
- Capital City
- Covers 4,212 sq. miles, roughly the size of Connecticut. Kosovo is a small, land-locked country surrounded by mountains with central plains.
- Albanian (official)
- Serbian (official)
- Gross Domestic Product: $13.56 billion, similar to Iceland, Rawanda and Mongolia
- Inflation—8.3% in 2011
- Unemployment—45% in 2011
- Government/Political Climate
- Pro-western, secular, parliamentary democracy. Declared independence in 2008 which is recognized by the US and most of the EU nations, but not by the UN.
- Muslim (majority)
- Serbian Orthodox
- Roman Catholic
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Kosovo is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Give to Special Projects
These field-approved projects are funded by donations in addition to the GCF. Click and give today.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »