The C&MA family in Italy is very diverse and has come together as a result of committed Alliance lay workers who have immigrated from Argentina, Peru, Ecuador and the Philippines. Only one church exclusively worships in Italian. The other churches and groups basically use Spanish, except for the Philippine congregation. Currently our groups are located in the following cities: Ancona, Bologna, Rome and Tione di Trento. The initial steps toward developing a national Alliance identity were only taken in May and October of 2011.
No organized C&MA national church
- Visit all Alliance workers throughout Italy and access the needs.
- Mentor servant leaders; encourage them by providing pastoral care and spiritual formation to help them develop in ministry.
The Alliance at Work in Italy
Max is the first Italian in Rome to become a believer through Alliance ministries.read more
“. . . let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”read more
The Holy Spirit is moving through Alliance ministries around the world. Hundreds are finding new life in Jesus and following His lead to be baptized (see Matthew 3:13–17).read more
Where The Alliance shines the light of Jesus, people are responding.read more
- Population—60.72 million
- Infant mortality rate—3.33/1,000
- Life expectancy—81.95
- Capital City
- Rome (3.357 million) pop.
- Slightly larger than Arizona, Italy (116.22 sq. mi.) is a peninsula extending into the central Mediterranean Sea, northeast of Tunisia with a predominantly Mediterranean climate; Alpine in far north; hot, dry in south.
- Italian (official)
- German (parts of Trentino-Alto Adige region are predominantly German speaking)
- French (small French-speaking minority in Valle d'Aosta region)
- Slovene (Slovene-speaking minority in the Trieste-Gorizia area)
- Italian (includes small clusters of German-, French-, and Slovene-Italians in the north and Albanian-Italians and Greek-Italians in the south)
- Per capita income—$29,800
- Literacy rate—99% (2011 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic.
- Christian—80% (overwhelming Roman Catholic with very small groups of Jehova Witnesses and Protestants)
- Muslims NEGL (about 700,000 but growing)
- Atheists and Agnostics—20%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Italy is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Give to Special Projects
These field-approved projects are funded by donations in addition to the GCF. Click and give today.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »