Israel & the Palestinian Territories
Established in 1890, this was one of the first fields to which the Alliance sent workers. In the more than 125 years since, political, economic, and religious dynamics have changed often and drastically.
Still today, The Alliance exists in this region to equip, empower, and encourage the local believers, and partner with them to reach all the peoples in the land.
Our team works closely with our local Arab Alliance church partner, the Evangelical Alliance Church of the Holy Land (EACH), primarily in Jerusalem and the West Bank, to positively impact our communities through our words and actions, equip local believers, and plant Great Commission churches. This is accomplished through strategic partnerships, local and international congregations, and humanitarian and educational projects such as Mosaic English Language Center; Alliance Leadership Training Institute; and Green Creations, a women’s empowerment microenterprise that creates jewelry and other products out of recyclable waste. Our teams in these initiatives exist to be a source of light and life among Palestinians, and to plant, develop, and equip healthy Great Commission churches.
Our team also works alongside independent Hebrew Messianic assemblies, primarily in Jerusalem and the Negev region to the south. Over the past two decades there has been an emerging boldness of identifying themselves as believers in Jesus as the Messiah. Our initiatives through curriculum, teaching, community centers, relief and compassion work, and even a cemetery help to give them a voice and tools for their testimonies. Our teams in these initiatives exist to deepen and broaden the Kingdom of God among Jewish people with the intent of developing reproducing disciples and churches.
There are Chinese congregations associated with The Alliance church in the region, as well as several other international groups that gather in Alliance properties and facilities. Recently, relief, outreach, and translation work has also been done among other displaced people groups living in Israel. Our teams in these initiatives exist to plant and multiply mission churches among temporary international communities in Israel in partnership with other Alliance work.
- Community-based platforms for outreach and discipleship
- Contextualized discipleship tools in the local heart languages
- Training or equipping local leaders
- Poverty alleviation and women’s empowerment project
- Rehabilitation ministries for addicts and prostitutes
The Alliance at Work in Israel
The stage is set for greatness.read more
How God preserved the Alliance’s properties when Israel became a state in 1948read more
When you do something you believe the Lord has asked you to do, but it turns out poorly, do you question His leading?read more
During this Thanksgiving season God’s people have much for which to be grateful.read more
The dove hovered over the Word of Grace group, even while there were other groups in the water for baptism at the same time. This left such an impression upon the new believers that many of them openly wept through the whole event.”read more
- Infant mortality rate—7/1,000
- Life expectancy—79.3
- Capital City
- Jerusalem (695,500 pop.)
- Slightly larger than Massachusetts, Israel (8,019 sq. mi.) consists of fertile coastal plain and the southern Negev region, which is largely desert. It also contains the Dead Sea, which is 1,349 feet below sea level—the world’s lowest land elevation.
- Hebrew (official)
- Non-Jewish (mostly Arab)—19.9%
- Per capita income—$20,800
- Literacy rate—95% (2003 est.)
- Government/Political Climate
- Parliamentary democracy. Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab and Jewish states, an arrangement rejected by the Arabs. The Israelis defeated the Arabs in a series of wars without ending the deep tensions between the two sides.
- Muslim (mostly Sunni)—14.6%
Support the Mission
Alliance ministry in Israel is primarily funded through the Great Commission Fund. Help fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission and make a gift to the GCF today.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »