The Alliance (C&MA) is a Jesus-centered, light-bearing missions and church-planting movement with the deeper life at its heart.
Rather than just a denomination intent on building its own kingdom, we’re a people who “go.”
Consider making a donation to the Great Commission Fund and join with the greater Alliance family to BE LIGHT to those who lack the true knowledge of their Savior.
Why we go:
- Because of our love for Jesus—the Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King. He gave His all for us; as those who bear his light, we are compelled to shine everywhere we go.
- The Fourfold Gospel—it’s in our DNA and is the foundation of our desire to live the “deeper life” —a commitment to a growing, abiding relationship with Jesus that propels us to complete His last command on earth—His Great Commission (Matthew 28:18b-20a).
Where we go:
We go wherever darkness has a foothold. Today, there are more than 2,000 Alliance churches in the United States, and approximately 20,000 fellowships in 81 countries around the world with nearly 5 million Christians calling themselves “Alliance.”
In 2011 alone, our Envision Trips sent up to 1800 people on short-term outreaches; 85 individuals went on a four-week or more assignment somewhere in this world—all to be points of light.
What people are saying:
The C&MA has been one of the most powerful mission organizations in the world. I have worked alongside Alliance team members on every continent and have a profound respect for the way they work with national churches. -Dr. Ravi Zacharias, noted author, evangelist, and apologist.
With its network of churches both domestically and internationally, The C&MA has the potential to be one of the most significant influences of the 21st century Church when it comes to both the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. -Dr. Clive Calver, former president, World Relief
As a young Bible student in Florida I became acquainted with, and involved in, the C&MA and the vision they have for world missions. Over the years I have enjoyed fellowship with Alliance missionaries around the world and support their endeavors to reach a lost world for Christ. -Dr. Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
How it all started:
The Alliance movement began in the 1880s when our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson, witnessed the physical and spiritual plight of New York City’s homeless, downtrodden, and marginalized populations.
Moved by his great love for Jesus and lost people, Simpson devoted his life to sharing Jesus’ light—in word and deed—with the city and, ultimately, the nations.
Our calling remains unchanged. We are committed to being points of light—sharing good news to the poor, comforting the brokenhearted, proclaiming freedom for the captives and releasing prisoners from darkness—all in Jesus’ Name. We’re a people with an uncompromising drive to go!
The Alliance at Work
When our team began the Grain of Wheat Center in 2008, a major goal of our student ministry was to reach young Mongolian men.more»
On April 1, 2014, Fairhaven Church, with campuses in Centerville and Clayton, Ohio, is offering to match up to $100,000 in financial gifts to the support of Bongolo Hospital.more»
The church will need to be there for its neighbors in the coming months.more»
Our visitors represented many beliefs, including occult practices and a deistic view of God.more»
Who and Where?
- 650 international workers have been appointed and receive full or partial funding from the GCF.
- 81 countries currently have Alliance work taking place within their borders. 66 of these have partially or fully funded U.S. C&MA personnel living there with additional ministry being carried out by national workers or C&MA personnel from the Alliance World Fellowship.
- More than 2,000 U.S. churches with a combined membership of more than 430,000 regularly gather to celebrate Jesus in multiple languages.
Deeper Life Discussions
- Jesus Paid it All by Meema
- Could you forgive like this? by CHRISTOPHER310
- Grinding down America by chipped china
- The Blood Moon Tetrad by Speilb
- Wanting to want the fully consecrated life by Kevin Blankenship
Have a Question? Ask the Community
Need an account? Register Now
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »