The Alliance (C&MA) is a Jesus-centered, light-bearing missions and church-planting movement with the deeper life at its heart.
Rather than just a denomination intent on building its own kingdom, we’re a people who “go.”
Consider making a donation to the Great Commission Fund and join with the greater Alliance family to BE LIGHT to those who lack the true knowledge of their Savior.
Why we go:
- Because of our love for Jesus—the Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King. He gave His all for us; as those who bear his light, we are compelled to shine everywhere we go.
- The Fourfold Gospel—it’s in our DNA and is the foundation of our desire to live the “deeper life” —a commitment to a growing, abiding relationship with Jesus that propels us to complete His last command on earth—His Great Commission (Matthew 28:18b-20a).
Where we go:
We go wherever darkness has a foothold. Today, there are more than 2,000 Alliance churches in the United States, and approximately 20,000 fellowships in 81 countries around the world with nearly 5 million Christians calling themselves “Alliance.”
In 2011 alone, our Envision Trips sent up to 1800 people on short-term outreaches; 85 individuals went on a four-week or more assignment somewhere in this world—all to be points of light.
What people are saying:
The history of The Christian and Missionary Alliance is that of listening well to the cries of the lost and the least, understanding God’s mission mandate to love the world as Christ did, and sharing His message of hope in word and deed. Their faithful witness over time has been an encouraging testimony to all. -Richard E. Stearns, World Vision U.S.
As a young Bible student in Florida I became acquainted with, and involved in, the C&MA and the vision they have for world missions. Over the years I have enjoyed fellowship with Alliance missionaries around the world and support their endeavors to reach a lost world for Christ. -Dr. Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
How it all started:
The Alliance movement began in the 1880s when our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson, witnessed the physical and spiritual plight of New York City’s homeless, downtrodden, and marginalized populations.
Moved by his great love for Jesus and lost people, Simpson devoted his life to sharing Jesus’ light—in word and deed—with the city and, ultimately, the nations.
Our calling remains unchanged. We are committed to being points of light—sharing good news to the poor, comforting the brokenhearted, proclaiming freedom for the captives and releasing prisoners from darkness—all in Jesus’ Name. We’re a people with an uncompromising drive to go!
The Alliance at Work
God is working in the hearts of several friends steeped in atheism.more»
Masayuki, describing himself as “a stubborn old man of 83,” could not deny that God was drawing him to the Savior.more»
Crowds attending the opening included local officials who now welcome the truth of Jesus we offer.more»
As is being reported in major news outlets, recent unrest and instability in Ukraine has resulted in the invasion of Russian military forces. The Alliance has three global staff families in the area. One family has already evacuated, and the others continue to assess the situation. Please pray for peace in the affected areas, for […]more»
Who and Where?
- 650 international workers have been appointed and receive full or partial funding from the GCF.
- 81 countries currently have Alliance work taking place within their borders. 66 of these have partially or fully funded U.S. C&MA personnel living there with additional ministry being carried out by national workers or C&MA personnel from the Alliance World Fellowship.
- More than 2,000 U.S. churches with a combined membership of more than 430,000 regularly gather to celebrate Jesus in multiple languages.
Is God calling you to service? We’re here to help you connect your passion with God’s purpose.
Serve with The Alliance »